Like all of you reading this, I’m spend most of my waking hours listening to hip-hop and often I feel like I’m hearing to the same song from different artists. The exact players may change, but the game seems to revolve around the same topic or trendy new fad. With the latest release off his upcoming album, The Illustrious, STS (aka Sugar Tongue Slim) uses Cliché to give us the ironic fresh of breath air that so many of us need. I say “ironic” because Slim runs through nearly every rap cliché we’ve heard in the last five years, but with a twist. (Get it?) Produced by alternative hip-hop duo The KnuX, the beat starts off with some heavy bass that’s later accompanied by piano chords to give the song a lighter, but not too light, overlay. Despite the song’s name, Slim’s flow is anything but clichéd as he once again proves that he’s the owner of one of the most versatile flows in the genre. Make sure you check back for more Illustrious music when the album drops via STSisGold.com in August. GOLD!
Written by Nathan S. on 07/28/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Funky Ass B*tch" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.