Fair warning, this one is iller than an ebola outbreak. For Strong Arm Steady‘s new cut Fair Fight the L.A. trio grabs a beat from Boston godfather Statik Selektah that would have even invertebrates nodding their heads. An instrumental like that is only fuel to the always fire rhymes that SAS emcees Krondon, Mitchy Slick and Phil the Agony unleash. Add a trio of TDE‘s finest - aka ScHoolboy Q, Ab-Soul and Jay Rock, aka all of Black Hippy expect for Kendrick - and you’ve got a rap onslaught that’s frankly a very unfair fight for the competition. For more hip-hop music so sick it should come with a penicillin prescription, be sure to pick up a copy of Strong Arm Stready’s Stereotype album, produced entirely by Statik and due out August 14 via Stones Throw.
Written by Nathan S. on 07/22/12
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Trunk Music" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)