Saying your song is a Classic may not necessarily make it so, but there’s something to be said for setting expectations—provided, of course, you have the skills to meet and/or exceed them. In the case of Strong Arm Steady, you already know the West Coast underground mainstays have what it takes to craft one for the ages. Making its world premiere as the 18th entry in The DJBooth and Event Electronics 20/20 Music Series, this newly-leaked album cut comes backed by a sampled instrumental that’s smooth even by Statik Selektah‘s lofty standards. Over the Boston heavyweight’s dreamy strings and delicate piano chords, Krondon, Mitchy Slick: and Phil Da Agony drop witty, ever-so-slightly blunted rhymes about their skills, their home streets and their witty bars. So, how about it: is this cut “colder than snow in the Aspens, bo(u)lder than Colorado.”? Those who think Classic lives up to its title can find it, and much more besides, on the crew’s StereoType LP, scheduled to drop in December. Booth readers can look forward to two more 20/20 entries before the month’s end; click here to learn how you can win a pair of Event’s new 20/20 BAS monitors.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Trunk Music" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.