While America’s urban music has been thoroughly steeped in the synth-heavy influence of European pop, artists across the pond haven’t stopped cooking up new and adventurous ways to get bodies moving. The latest continental success to attempt a trans-Atlantic jump, Belgian singer-songwriter Stromae has enlisted a hip-hop heavyweight and a Booth-acclaimed rising star to help up his profile among North American audiences. This official remix of breakout hit Alors On Danse (“So We Dance”), finds the Booth newcomer and co-producer Dmitri Borrey blending four-on-the-floor percussion, sizzling synths and a squeaky woodwind sample into a uniquely body-moving backdrop for lyrical stunting from Kanye West and Philly’s Gilbere Forte’; with the headliner confined to the chorus, the guests do the heavy lifting on the mic, the former lacing the front with high-rolling bravado and the latter enjoying copious quantities of top-shelf liquors on the final verse. So, readers, does this joint have what it takes to make a splash stateside? If you think so, you can hear more on Stromae’s Cheese LP, released Sept. 2.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.