While America’s urban music has been thoroughly steeped in the synth-heavy influence of European pop, artists across the pond haven’t stopped cooking up new and adventurous ways to get bodies moving. The latest continental success to attempt a trans-Atlantic jump, Belgian singer-songwriter Stromae has enlisted a hip-hop heavyweight and a Booth-acclaimed rising star to help up his profile among North American audiences. This official remix of breakout hit Alors On Danse (“So We Dance”), finds the Booth newcomer and co-producer Dmitri Borrey blending four-on-the-floor percussion, sizzling synths and a squeaky woodwind sample into a uniquely body-moving backdrop for lyrical stunting from Kanye West and Philly’s Gilbere Forte’; with the headliner confined to the chorus, the guests do the heavy lifting on the mic, the former lacing the front with high-rolling bravado and the latter enjoying copious quantities of top-shelf liquors on the final verse. So, readers, does this joint have what it takes to make a splash stateside? If you think so, you can hear more on Stromae’s Cheese LP, released Sept. 2.
Written by richard on 09/12/10
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.