If NASA asked me to select a single song to beam into space, as representative of humanity’s greatest achievements in the arena of pop music, my hands-down selection would be the Jackson 5’s I Want You Back. It’s just that damn good. While there’s no improving on perfection, Booth newcomers Straight No Chaser put a fresh and impressive twist on the 1969 classic on single numero uno off their next studio album. A 10-piece a cappella group formed while the members were attending Indiana University, the Atlantic Records signees faithfully recreate the record’s instrumental backdrop as singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles delivers an inspired rendition of the young MJ‘s lead vocals. Think Straight, No Chaser did justice to the Jacksons’ beloved debut single? If so, you’ll be able to hear more from this talented ensemble on their Under the Influence LP, set to hit record stores and online retailers May 7.
Written by richard on 02/17/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.