If NASA asked me to select a single song to beam into space, as representative of humanity’s greatest achievements in the arena of pop music, my hands-down selection would be the Jackson 5’s I Want You Back. It’s just that damn good. While there’s no improving on perfection, Booth newcomers Straight No Chaser put a fresh and impressive twist on the 1969 classic on single numero uno off their next studio album. A 10-piece a cappella group formed while the members were attending Indiana University, the Atlantic Records signees faithfully recreate the record’s instrumental backdrop as singer/songwriter Sara Bareilles delivers an inspired rendition of the young MJ‘s lead vocals. Think Straight, No Chaser did justice to the Jacksons’ beloved debut single? If so, you’ll be able to hear more from this talented ensemble on their Under the Influence LP, set to hit record stores and online retailers May 7.
Written by richard on 02/17/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.