The mercury may be falling, but there’s still time for a little Top Down cruising before fall officially sets in. If you’re looking to maintain that breezy late-summer vibe as we transition into autumn, may I recommend a listen to the latest single from Motown-signed buzzmaker Stori? Perfect to spin during a leisurely drive in your drop-top (or under headphones, while fantasizing about owning a convertible), this promotional single finds the artist switching fluidly between rapped and sung bars as she enjoys the warm weather and touts her sophisticated style. Joining the headliner over an uncredited producer’s impeccably smooth boardwork, A Layne provides some understated hook and backing vocals. Top Down isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Stori’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.