The mercury may be falling, but there’s still time for a little Top Down cruising before fall officially sets in. If you’re looking to maintain that breezy late-summer vibe as we transition into autumn, may I recommend a listen to the latest single from Motown-signed buzzmaker Stori? Perfect to spin during a leisurely drive in your drop-top (or under headphones, while fantasizing about owning a convertible), this promotional single finds the artist switching fluidly between rapped and sung bars as she enjoys the warm weather and touts her sophisticated style. Joining the headliner over an uncredited producer’s impeccably smooth boardwork, A Layne provides some understated hook and backing vocals. Top Down isn’t part of a larger project, but we’ll keep you posted on Stori’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 09/15/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)