Lava Lamps haven’t been hip for decades, but I’ll keep it one-hundred: I can’t walk by one without being momentarily enthralled by those floating blobs of wax. While the first DJBooth feature and latest single from Stockz doesn’t actually have much to do with the 1960s decorative staple, the record does have a similarly mesmerizing vibe. Over beatsmith PAS’ hazy, atmospheric sample work, the Houston-by-way-of-Virginia rhymesayer takes a trip down Memory Lane, reminiscing about the “struggle and grief” he’s overcome in order to make it this far. Andre Lathereo guests, sharing a few blunted recollections of his own on verse two. Has this introspective selection left you craving more? If so, you can stay tuned to the Booth for further details on Stockz’ next project, which as yet lacks both a title and a drop date.
Written by richard on 03/1/13
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.