Earlier this month, when STL GOLD introduced themselves to the Booth with reader-approved single Zombies, I wondered whether rapper Moe Pope and producer The Arcitype had chosen their stage name as a reference to the classic line from The Outsiders: “Stay gold, Ponyboy!” Turns out my suspicion was correct; that quote is the centerpiece of newly-released single PNYBOY the Hustler. On this grimy, synth-driven street banger, Arcitype’s abrasive bassline and sampled shouts set the stage for some equally hard-hitting bars from his mic-rocking compadre. My Monday Morning Music is scheduled to drop via Brick Records on Tuesday, August 12. Click here to pre-order the set via iTunes!
Written by richard on 07/21/14
Submit your Rating
AR Classic Records/Brick Records
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.