The truly great aren’t born that way; more often than not, they have to struggle against staggering odds to claim their place at the top. On new single and DJBooth debut Free, indie rhymesayer Stitch Early reminds us not to judge someone’s potential based on their humble appearance: “Look at where they goin’, not where they are / You never know; you might just find a star.” The Frederick, Maryland repper proves his point with a series of lyrical character studies, delivered over Jon Green‘s cowbell-heavy percussion and sampled flute harmonies. Fans can find Free and much more on Stitch’s All Rise LP, available on Bandcamp for a price of your choosing.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.