The truly great aren’t born that way; more often than not, they have to struggle against staggering odds to claim their place at the top. On new single and DJBooth debut Free, indie rhymesayer Stitch Early reminds us not to judge someone’s potential based on their humble appearance: “Look at where they goin’, not where they are / You never know; you might just find a star.” The Frederick, Maryland repper proves his point with a series of lyrical character studies, delivered over Jon Green‘s cowbell-heavy percussion and sampled flute harmonies. Fans can find Free and much more on Stitch’s All Rise LP, available on Bandcamp for a price of your choosing.
Written by richard on 07/22/14
Submit your Rating
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.