Even the most talented artists run into roadblocks every now and again; just ask Kansan spitter Stik Figa, who’s recently been hard at work on a project he admits hasn’t been shaping up the way he’d planned. But that dark cloud does have a silver lining; the recording sessions gave birth to Untitled +1, a cut that was so dope he just had to release it as a loosie. Inspired by Double Trouble, a two-man freestyle from classic hip-hop flick Wild Style, this joint features Stik trading high-energy verses with Windy City phenom (and recent Jamla signee) Add-2, backed by the funky sample work of Marcus Cap. This record isn’t currently attached to anything larger, but we’ll keep you posted on Stik Figa’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Talkin Bout" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)