Even the most talented artists run into roadblocks every now and again; just ask Kansan spitter Stik Figa, who’s recently been hard at work on a project he admits hasn’t been shaping up the way he’d planned. But that dark cloud does have a silver lining; the recording sessions gave birth to Untitled +1, a cut that was so dope he just had to release it as a loosie. Inspired by Double Trouble, a two-man freestyle from classic hip-hop flick Wild Style, this joint features Stik trading high-energy verses with Windy City phenom (and recent Jamla signee) Add-2, backed by the funky sample work of Marcus Cap. This record isn’t currently attached to anything larger, but we’ll keep you posted on Stik Figa’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Talkin Bout" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.