Even the most talented artists run into roadblocks every now and again; just ask Kansan spitter Stik Figa, who’s recently been hard at work on a project he admits hasn’t been shaping up the way he’d planned. But that dark cloud does have a silver lining; the recording sessions gave birth to Untitled +1, a cut that was so dope he just had to release it as a loosie. Inspired by Double Trouble, a two-man freestyle from classic hip-hop flick Wild Style, this joint features Stik trading high-energy verses with Windy City phenom (and recent Jamla signee) Add-2, backed by the funky sample work of Marcus Cap. This record isn’t currently attached to anything larger, but we’ll keep you posted on Stik Figa’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Talkin Bout" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.