Even the most talented artists run into roadblocks every now and again; just ask Kansan spitter Stik Figa, who’s recently been hard at work on a project he admits hasn’t been shaping up the way he’d planned. But that dark cloud does have a silver lining; the recording sessions gave birth to Untitled +1, a cut that was so dope he just had to release it as a loosie. Inspired by Double Trouble, a two-man freestyle from classic hip-hop flick Wild Style, this joint features Stik trading high-energy verses with Windy City phenom (and recent Jamla signee) Add-2, backed by the funky sample work of Marcus Cap. This record isn’t currently attached to anything larger, but we’ll keep you posted on Stik Figa’s plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 11/8/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Talkin Bout" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.