Even the most talented artists run into roadblocks every now and again; just ask Kansan spitter Stik Figa, who’s recently been hard at work on a project he admits hasn’t been shaping up the way he’d planned. But that dark cloud does have a silver lining; the recording sessions gave birth to Untitled +1, a cut that was so dope he just had to release it as a loosie. Inspired by Double Trouble, a two-man freestyle from classic hip-hop flick Wild Style, this joint features Stik trading high-energy verses with Windy City phenom (and recent Jamla signee) Add-2, backed by the funky sample work of Marcus Cap. This record isn’t currently attached to anything larger, but we’ll keep you posted on Stik Figa’s plans as further details emerge.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Talkin Bout" (2009)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.