After teaming up with Rapper Big Pooh about a week ago for the Booth-featured Juk, Stik Figa has returned with another great collab; let’s hope these are a weekly occurrence! Though Charlie’s Liquor is Big Pooh-less, guest Irv Da Phenom more than makes up for his absence. With a growling, demonstrative flow, Stik hops on the breezy Tony Gaines-produced track, painting a vivid picture of life while growing up in Kansas. Irv, a fellow Midwesterner, helps set off that soulful, nostalgic vibe with some smooth supporting vocals. Fans of this effort should keep an eye out for Stik’s upcoming The Pookey Tape, due out next month.
Written by Lucas G. on 02/9/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Whatcha Talkin Bout" (2009)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.