Both members of the politically conscious duo Dead Prez have recently branched out to do solo albums; M-1 released Confidential in March of ‘06 and Stic.Man released Manhood this past October. One of the stand-out tracks on Manhood is Traffic Jam, a metaphor for life’s many problems. Although Stic doesn’t appear on his own song until the 3.5 minute marker (and only for 20 seconds after that), his smooth jazz beat (assisted by Jerry Felter) and a Crystal Johnson-sung hook make Traffic Jam a perfect song to play when relaxation is needed most. Manhood is available in stores and online now.
Written by Burmy on 12/17/07
Submit your Rating
Boss Up Inc.
This is the first song featured on DJBooth from this artist. If you would like to hear more, be sure to rate and comment!
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.