A true testament to how far-reaching the rap game has become in this digital age, 25-year-old Stevie Stone might just be the Midwest’s best kept secret. The Columbia, Missouri native has held his passion for music to the side, however, to actively pursue a career in athletics. On his debut single, Wait A Minute, off of New Kid Comin’, Stone lets listeners know it should only take a minute or so to realize that there is true talent simmering deep in America’s heartland. With a gruff, rough and tumble voice (similar to Alfamega,) the son of a very musical family carefully crafts a gridiron persona over Frizz and Big Al’s frenetic production. If word of Stevie’s talent reaches label executives, then instead of holding letters of acceptance from Iowa or some Big Ten school, he may find himself with a sheaf of possible recording contracts.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"T-N-T (Remix)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Omar LinX - Forgive Me
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.