A true testament to how far-reaching the rap game has become in this digital age, 25-year-old Stevie Stone might just be the Midwest’s best kept secret. The Columbia, Missouri native has held his passion for music to the side, however, to actively pursue a career in athletics. On his debut single, Wait A Minute, off of New Kid Comin’, Stone lets listeners know it should only take a minute or so to realize that there is true talent simmering deep in America’s heartland. With a gruff, rough and tumble voice (similar to Alfamega,) the son of a very musical family carefully crafts a gridiron persona over Frizz and Big Al’s frenetic production. If word of Stevie’s talent reaches label executives, then instead of holding letters of acceptance from Iowa or some Big Ten school, he may find himself with a sheaf of possible recording contracts.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 11/3/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"T-N-T (Remix)" (2012)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.