A true testament to how far-reaching the rap game has become in this digital age, 25-year-old Stevie Stone might just be the Midwest’s best kept secret. The Columbia, Missouri native has held his passion for music to the side, however, to actively pursue a career in athletics. On his debut single, Wait A Minute, off of New Kid Comin’, Stone lets listeners know it should only take a minute or so to realize that there is true talent simmering deep in America’s heartland. With a gruff, rough and tumble voice (similar to Alfamega,) the son of a very musical family carefully crafts a gridiron persona over Frizz and Big Al’s frenetic production. If word of Stevie’s talent reaches label executives, then instead of holding letters of acceptance from Iowa or some Big Ten school, he may find himself with a sheaf of possible recording contracts.
Listen to More: Stevie Stone Written by Kevin L. Clark
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"T-N-T (Remix)" (2012)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.