You aren’t a member of the church of Stevie Stone? Well, hold your nose, dip back and get ready for The Baptism. While the title might make Stone’s record sound like a hymn, don’t expect to hear the ominous, Josh ‘Karbon’ Brunstetter-produced beat (driven by a spooky synth and piercing drums) in Sunday school. After the Missouri native showcases his raspy flow, the ceremony continues with guest verses from two fellow Strange Music members; Booth fave Rittz and label boss Tech N9ne engulf the beat in flames with their signature rapid-fire flows. While keeping pace with Rittz and Tech is no easy task, Stone shows he belongs in their company, as his fiery first verse will remain burned into listeners’ memory even after his guests have had their say. Stone’s new album, 2 Birds, 1 Stone, is currently streaming here in The DJBooth and is available for digital purchase. Hallelujah!
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait a Minute" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Drama x Don Cannon x Trendsetter Sense - The Boondocks Mixtape (Season 4)
- Mick Jenkins - Steam
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Chart (April 14, 2014)
- Future - Honest LP
- Nas - Illmatic XX
- Dizzy Wright - State of Mind EP
- Locksmith - A Thousand Cuts
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.