You aren’t a member of the church of Stevie Stone? Well, hold your nose, dip back and get ready for The Baptism. While the title might make Stone’s record sound like a hymn, don’t expect to hear the ominous, Josh ‘Karbon’ Brunstetter-produced beat (driven by a spooky synth and piercing drums) in Sunday school. After the Missouri native showcases his raspy flow, the ceremony continues with guest verses from two fellow Strange Music members; Booth fave Rittz and label boss Tech N9ne engulf the beat in flames with their signature rapid-fire flows. While keeping pace with Rittz and Tech is no easy task, Stone shows he belongs in their company, as his fiery first verse will remain burned into listeners’ memory even after his guests have had their say. Stone’s new album, 2 Birds, 1 Stone, is currently streaming here in The DJBooth and is available for digital purchase. Hallelujah!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait a Minute" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Young Thug ft. Lil Wayne - Take Kare
- Jay Rock - Parental Advisory
- Logic - Buried Alive
- Run the Jewels ft. Zack De La Rocha - Close Your Eyes (And Count to F*ck)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.