You aren’t a member of the church of Stevie Stone? Well, hold your nose, dip back and get ready for The Baptism. While the title might make Stone’s record sound like a hymn, don’t expect to hear the ominous, Josh ‘Karbon’ Brunstetter-produced beat (driven by a spooky synth and piercing drums) in Sunday school. After the Missouri native showcases his raspy flow, the ceremony continues with guest verses from two fellow Strange Music members; Booth fave Rittz and label boss Tech N9ne engulf the beat in flames with their signature rapid-fire flows. While keeping pace with Rittz and Tech is no easy task, Stone shows he belongs in their company, as his fiery first verse will remain burned into listeners’ memory even after his guests have had their say. Stone’s new album, 2 Birds, 1 Stone, is currently streaming here in The DJBooth and is available for digital purchase. Hallelujah!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/13/13
Columbia, Missouri native Stevie Stone has unleashed his third studio album, 2 Birds 1 Stone, which is streamable exclusively here at The DJBooth. The follow-up to 2012's Rolling Stone LP, the set packs 16 original records...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait a Minute" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.