You aren’t a member of the church of Stevie Stone? Well, hold your nose, dip back and get ready for The Baptism. While the title might make Stone’s record sound like a hymn, don’t expect to hear the ominous, Josh ‘Karbon’ Brunstetter-produced beat (driven by a spooky synth and piercing drums) in Sunday school. After the Missouri native showcases his raspy flow, the ceremony continues with guest verses from two fellow Strange Music members; Booth fave Rittz and label boss Tech N9ne engulf the beat in flames with their signature rapid-fire flows. While keeping pace with Rittz and Tech is no easy task, Stone shows he belongs in their company, as his fiery first verse will remain burned into listeners’ memory even after his guests have had their say. Stone’s new album, 2 Birds, 1 Stone, is currently streaming here in The DJBooth and is available for digital purchase. Hallelujah!
Written by Lucas G. on 08/13/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Wait a Minute" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.