Steven A. Clark is many things, but lucky in love doesn’t seem to be one of them. Just look at the titles of the indie singer/songwriter’s features to date: Angel of Death, Don’t Have You. Can a Lonely Roller like Clark truly hope to find the woman of his dreams? Well, on his latest feature, he does—but, as it turns out, the circumstances are far from ideal. The second official single off his forthcoming sophomore album, the Miami crooner comes face to face with this very question. Over his own brooding, synth-driven boardwork recounts how he traveled to Vegas to get away from it all—including his frustrating relationship at home—only to find himself entranced by a Sin City stripper. Though he admits that he’s drawn to her words, and her amateur yet alluring dance moves, he draws back at the precipice: “I can’t be fallin’ in love.” Southern N*ggas Ain’t Slow spitter J NICS echoes the headliner’s concerns in a smoky guest verse, and singer Victoria Blue rounds out the feature lineup, delivering hook vocals from the perspective of the shawty in question. Feeling it? More fresh, innovative R&B bangers await on Fornication Under Consent of the King, due out June 11 via L&E Media Co.
Written by richard on 04/12/12
Submit your Rating
LE Music Group
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Angel of Death" (2011)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.