First off, let me be the first to say happy Sunday-which-may-or-may-not-have-deep-religious- connotations-to-some-and-not-others (now that’s how you make a politically correct statement). Now that that’s out of the way, I’d like to welcome a breezy tune to fight off this ridiculous heat today, all courtesy of the premiere of Steve Liriks’ Wrongs and Rights. The Cali emcee who has already brought two dope tracks to the site (Fix You, A Moment) is at it again with a smooth single dealing with deep issues and no surprise, this one’s a winner, too. Sometimes the best productions sound the simplest, and BCK can be added as an example to this sonic principle with a great guitar melody and gritty beat for Liriks to work with. The artist himself manages to float through topics effortlessly on this track, transitioning from familial issues to women troubles to pondering his own morality, all while keeping a cool and steady flow. If you thought this record was far more right than wrong, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth when we drop Liriks’ Pardon Me, I’m Going Thru a Phase mixtape on May 4.
Written by Sigurd on 04/24/11
Mass Hysteria Werx
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fix You" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Ty Dolla $ign - $ign Language
- Eminem ft. Sia - Guts Over Fear
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.