First off, let me be the first to say happy Sunday-which-may-or-may-not-have-deep-religious- connotations-to-some-and-not-others (now that’s how you make a politically correct statement). Now that that’s out of the way, I’d like to welcome a breezy tune to fight off this ridiculous heat today, all courtesy of the premiere of Steve Liriks’ Wrongs and Rights. The Cali emcee who has already brought two dope tracks to the site (Fix You, A Moment) is at it again with a smooth single dealing with deep issues and no surprise, this one’s a winner, too. Sometimes the best productions sound the simplest, and BCK can be added as an example to this sonic principle with a great guitar melody and gritty beat for Liriks to work with. The artist himself manages to float through topics effortlessly on this track, transitioning from familial issues to women troubles to pondering his own morality, all while keeping a cool and steady flow. If you thought this record was far more right than wrong, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth when we drop Liriks’ Pardon Me, I’m Going Thru a Phase mixtape on May 4.
Mass Hysteria Werx
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fix You" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.