First off, let me be the first to say happy Sunday-which-may-or-may-not-have-deep-religious- connotations-to-some-and-not-others (now that’s how you make a politically correct statement). Now that that’s out of the way, I’d like to welcome a breezy tune to fight off this ridiculous heat today, all courtesy of the premiere of Steve Liriks’ Wrongs and Rights. The Cali emcee who has already brought two dope tracks to the site (Fix You, A Moment) is at it again with a smooth single dealing with deep issues and no surprise, this one’s a winner, too. Sometimes the best productions sound the simplest, and BCK can be added as an example to this sonic principle with a great guitar melody and gritty beat for Liriks to work with. The artist himself manages to float through topics effortlessly on this track, transitioning from familial issues to women troubles to pondering his own morality, all while keeping a cool and steady flow. If you thought this record was far more right than wrong, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth when we drop Liriks’ Pardon Me, I’m Going Thru a Phase mixtape on May 4.
Written by Sigurd on 04/24/11
Submit your Rating
Mass Hysteria Werx
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fix You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Tasha The Amazon - Can’t Control Us
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)