First off, let me be the first to say happy Sunday-which-may-or-may-not-have-deep-religious- connotations-to-some-and-not-others (now that’s how you make a politically correct statement). Now that that’s out of the way, I’d like to welcome a breezy tune to fight off this ridiculous heat today, all courtesy of the premiere of Steve Liriks’ Wrongs and Rights. The Cali emcee who has already brought two dope tracks to the site (Fix You, A Moment) is at it again with a smooth single dealing with deep issues and no surprise, this one’s a winner, too. Sometimes the best productions sound the simplest, and BCK can be added as an example to this sonic principle with a great guitar melody and gritty beat for Liriks to work with. The artist himself manages to float through topics effortlessly on this track, transitioning from familial issues to women troubles to pondering his own morality, all while keeping a cool and steady flow. If you thought this record was far more right than wrong, be sure to keep it locked to the Booth when we drop Liriks’ Pardon Me, I’m Going Thru a Phase mixtape on May 4.
Written by Sigurd on 04/24/11
Submit your Rating
Mass Hysteria Werx
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Fix You" (2010)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.