It goes without saying that an emcee who calls himself Steve Liriks is serious about his pen game but, as is often the case, the name only tells part of the story. In addition to doing beautiful things with the written word, the Californian up-and-comer boasts a strong singing voice and a progressive pop sensibility – both of which he showcases on his first Booth feature. Bearing absolutely no relation to Coldplay’s hit of the same name, mixtape standout Fix You instead sees producer Jobe drawing upon electronic group Télépopmusik’s ‘02 single Breathe. Over the French trio’s alternately dreamy and intense synth textures, Liriks tries to convince a girl who’s scared of love that he’s not out to break her heart: “What I gotta do to prove to you that I’m not like dudes? / When I say I’m not like they, that sound just so cliché / What I gotta say to you, to make you put the walls down?” Topped off with the artist’s own chilled-out hook vocals, Fix You is just one of many fresh tracks to be found on Liriks’ Lazy Boy Syndrome LP, released in late May and out now online.
Written by richard on 09/17/10
Mass Hysteria Werx
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"A Moment With Liriks" (2010)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- Kev Decor - Swamp Ass
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)