It’s been nearly a year since we last heard from Sterling Simms, but considering the man’s constantly en fuego musical style, it’s only right that we’re once again hearing from the former Def Jam crooner now that the seasons are heating up. With production from frequent hit makers Pop Wansel & Oak you’d expect Simms’ brand new single, Tell Her Again, to be equal parts moving and catchy, and sure enough the track’s synth-driven, heavily island-infused sound should set feet tapping and heads nodding worldwide. It’s a sonic template that Simms takes and runs with, delivering an ode to beautiful women (and their friends) with a level of smoothness and charisma that we’ve come to expect. Balancing all this love out is the always street Meek Mill, who stops by to deliver a trademark raspy yet fitting guest verse. So, how about it DJBooth Nation? Will Tell Her Again be the hit single that gets Simms’ tentatively titled upcoming RCA/Stereotypes Music debut album, TGWKS (The Girl Who Kissed Sterling), a release date and official title? We’ll find out soon in the comments and ratings below.
Written by Nathan S. on 04/16/12
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2014, The Year I Learned to Say Fuck the Police
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.