Featured two short weeks ago, Sterling Simms’ latest single found him trying to drive his girl Coo Coo with lines like “We gon’ make a baby that go ‘goo-goo, ga-ga, mama, papa…’” While the track itself was well-received, many readers found the baby-talk a little… uh… weird. Seems like the lady in question may have agreed with our assessment, since the singer’s potential follow-up finds him delivering a considerably more adult, to-the-point proposition: “I’m gonna make you Scream,” as soon as I lay you down. Recent “In the Mix” interviewees The Stereotypes take an appropriately grown-and-sexy approach behind the boards, backing the One Records/Jive crooner’s come-ons with laid-back percussion and steamy synth-bells. This slow-jam’s bedroom appeal can’t be denied, but I’ll let you have the final say on whether this track makes a more effective aphrodisiac than Simms’ previous feature. Either way, though, you’ll want to keep it locked to you-know-where for the latest on Sterling’s forthcoming full-length, which has yet to receive a title or drop date.
Written by richard on 08/2/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.