As a professional R&B singer, Sterling Simms is thoroughly versed in the intricacies of modern romance; it just comes with the territory. Sadly, no level of expertise can protect you from betrayal by your nearest and dearest. The Pop Wansel-penned lead single off the crooner’s next studio album finds him struggling to pull himself together following the revelation that his girl was doing him dirty. Over Fisticuffs’ moody, organ-driven groove, he laments, “Now I can’t believe you aren’t who you say you are / ‘Cause I Know Love, but I see that motherf**ker.” G.O.O.D. Music representative Pusha T grabs the mic to outline his pragmatic approach to romance in a brief closing verse. 11 Missed Calls has yet to be assigned a solid drop date, but we’ll keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes leading up to its eventual arrival.
Written by richard on 06/7/13
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jump Off ft. Sean P (of the Youngbloodz)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.