Last Wednesday, DJBooth was sent a record by singer Lloyd, entitled I Need Love, which features production from Tricky Stewart and writing/feature work from The-Dream. Hours after receiving the song, however, a second record with identical production and lyrics, entitled All I Need, popped up courtesy of Sterling Simms. According to an inside source, Lloyd cut the record first but was unable to place it on his forthcoming Lessons In Love, because Universal Motown wouldn’t pay for it. Swooping in the next day, the Philadelphia-native laid down vocals and was instantly offered the record as his next single. In addition to Jada’s guest spot, a remix has been recorded with Cassidy. Simms debut, Worth Your While, will hopefully be worth the wait when it tentatively drops later this year.
Written by DJ Z on 07/6/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Jump Off ft. Sean P (of the Youngbloodz)" (2006)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- PRhyme (Royce Da 5’9” & DJ Premier) - U Looz
- Lil Dicky ft. Michael Christmas & Rockie Fresh - Would You Believe That
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.