Last Wednesday, DJBooth was sent a record by singer Lloyd, entitled I Need Love, which features production from Tricky Stewart and writing/feature work from The-Dream. Hours after receiving the song, however, a second record with identical production and lyrics, entitled All I Need, popped up courtesy of Sterling Simms. According to an inside source, Lloyd cut the record first but was unable to place it on his forthcoming Lessons In Love, because Universal Motown wouldn’t pay for it. Swooping in the next day, the Philadelphia-native laid down vocals and was instantly offered the record as his next single. In addition to Jada’s guest spot, a remix has been recorded with Cassidy. Simms debut, Worth Your While, will hopefully be worth the wait when it tentatively drops later this year.
Written by DJ Z on 07/6/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.