Last Wednesday, DJBooth was sent a record by singer Lloyd, entitled I Need Love, which features production from Tricky Stewart and writing/feature work from The-Dream. Hours after receiving the song, however, a second record with identical production and lyrics, entitled All I Need, popped up courtesy of Sterling Simms. According to an inside source, Lloyd cut the record first but was unable to place it on his forthcoming Lessons In Love, because Universal Motown wouldn’t pay for it. Swooping in the next day, the Philadelphia-native laid down vocals and was instantly offered the record as his next single. In addition to Jada’s guest spot, a remix has been recorded with Cassidy. Simms debut, Worth Your While, will hopefully be worth the wait when it tentatively drops later this year.
Written by DJ Z on 07/6/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Obsessively Breaking Down the Demo Version of Eminem’s “Lose Yourself”
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- The Worlds Needs a Freddie Gibbs x BJ The Chicago Kid Album
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)