Last Wednesday, DJBooth was sent a record by singer Lloyd, entitled I Need Love, which features production from Tricky Stewart and writing/feature work from The-Dream. Hours after receiving the song, however, a second record with identical production and lyrics, entitled All I Need, popped up courtesy of Sterling Simms. According to an inside source, Lloyd cut the record first but was unable to place it on his forthcoming Lessons In Love, because Universal Motown wouldn’t pay for it. Swooping in the next day, the Philadelphia-native laid down vocals and was instantly offered the record as his next single. In addition to Jada’s guest spot, a remix has been recorded with Cassidy. Simms debut, Worth Your While, will hopefully be worth the wait when it tentatively drops later this year.
Written by DJ Z on 07/6/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.