Last Wednesday, DJBooth was sent a record by singer Lloyd, entitled I Need Love, which features production from Tricky Stewart and writing/feature work from The-Dream. Hours after receiving the song, however, a second record with identical production and lyrics, entitled All I Need, popped up courtesy of Sterling Simms. According to an inside source, Lloyd cut the record first but was unable to place it on his forthcoming Lessons In Love, because Universal Motown wouldn’t pay for it. Swooping in the next day, the Philadelphia-native laid down vocals and was instantly offered the record as his next single. In addition to Jada’s guest spot, a remix has been recorded with Cassidy. Simms debut, Worth Your While, will hopefully be worth the wait when it tentatively drops later this year.
Written by DJ Z on 07/6/08
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.