OK, first things first: did anyone else read the title of this track and feel an immediate craving for Cocoa Puffs? I mean, Krispies are objectively the best Cocoa-based cereal (sorry, Pebbles fans), but… wait, what was I talking about again? Oh, right: Coo Coo, the latest single from Philadelphia R&B singer Sterling Simms. The One Recording/Def Jam singer’s first feature since December ‘08, this cut finds Simms paying tribute to a female who can reduce him to baby-talk in the bedroom (and vice-versa). Artist/producer Bei Maejor (whose latest single, Gamez, is also featured tonight) mans the mixing boards, backing the headliner with mellow percussion and harp-like synths as well as contributing guest vocals on the record’s hook. If you’re, uh, Coo Coo for this track, stay tuned; Sterling Simms’ forthcoming album, the follow-up to ‘08’s Yours, Mine & the Truth, has yet to receive a title or drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/21/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.