OK, first things first: did anyone else read the title of this track and feel an immediate craving for Cocoa Puffs? I mean, Krispies are objectively the best Cocoa-based cereal (sorry, Pebbles fans), but… wait, what was I talking about again? Oh, right: Coo Coo, the latest single from Philadelphia R&B singer Sterling Simms. The One Recording/Def Jam singer’s first feature since December ‘08, this cut finds Simms paying tribute to a female who can reduce him to baby-talk in the bedroom (and vice-versa). Artist/producer Bei Maejor (whose latest single, Gamez, is also featured tonight) mans the mixing boards, backing the headliner with mellow percussion and harp-like synths as well as contributing guest vocals on the record’s hook. If you’re, uh, Coo Coo for this track, stay tuned; Sterling Simms’ forthcoming album, the follow-up to ‘08’s Yours, Mine & the Truth, has yet to receive a title or drop date, but we’ll be sure to keep you supplied with the latest news and tunes.
Written by richard on 07/21/10
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.