What could be better than having a member of Chance‘s SaveMoney coterie step into the Booth with a dope debut feature? Easy: a SaveMoney affiliate making his Booth debut with an exclusive world premiere. Making its first online appearance on our pages, this freshly-minted mixtape single finds Chicago rhymesayer Sterling Hayes and a few talented colleagues joining forces for a musical tribute to Monae. No, not the neo-soul songstress—I’m talking about the Almighty Dollar. Over an ominous, trap-tinged beat by THEMpeople, the headliner trades cash-centric verses with The Mind and Ash Frost. Chris James and THEMpeople frontwoman Via Rosa tie the record together with guitar playing and haunting, sung vocals respectively. Sterling’s Antidepressant LP is currently unscheduled, but we’ll keep you posted on the set as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 01/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.