Rahm Emanuel currently runs things in Chicago, but Sterling Hayes is still loyal to his predecessor, Mayor Richard M. Daley. Not for his policies, but because it’s a hell of a lot easier to turn his name into a weed pun. On this freshly-minted single, the Save Money affiliate boasts, “I smoke Daley like the mayor.” Fellow Windy City buzzmaker Dally Auston jumps on the uncredited producer’s dreamy piano loops to deliver a guest 16, and Via Rosa ties the record together with some luxuriant hook vocals. This cut is attached to an upcoming project titled Street Shit BIGshorty, details on which have yet to be revealed. As always, fans can keep it locked for the latest.
Written by richard on 06/19/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.