Rather than copping his dad a tie or a coffee mug, Sterling Hayes decided to do something a little more personal and record a fresh song for Father’s Day. With that said, those who hit play on the Save Money affiliate’s new promo single expecting a sentimental tribute to his old man may be taken aback by the aggression displayed on Father’s Son. Over Saint The Good Boy‘s ominous street boardwork, Hayes rhymes about the drive and tenacity he inherited from his pops, while alluding to the struggle amid which he came up. For this intense cut and much more, cop the artist’s BIGshorty EP when it drops digitally this summer.
Written by richard on 05/27/14
Submit your Rating
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- Best/Worst of the Week: Wale & Seinfeld, Kendrick on “SNL” & More
- Isaiah Rashad’s “Cilvia Demo” vs. Mick Jenkins’ “The Water[s]”
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.