Once upon a time, before movie-licensed model kits and computer-controlled robot gadgets drained most of the creativity from the enterprise, the Lego brand was all about versatility; the same colored blocks could be assembled into a house, a car, a rocket, a handful of shrapnel to throw at irritating siblings… you get the picture. Previously heard lending their production talents to the Far East Movement‘s Rocketeer, The Stereotypes showcase a similarly protean quality on this new cut, temporarily leaving behind their beat-crew form to snap together as a full-fledged solo act. Tortured analogies aside, Jon Street, RayRo, Three, and JermBeats prove perfectly able to get bodies moving on the solo tip; over their own stark synth-percussion boardwork, the ‘types spit a simple but engaging brand of game, chronicling their attempts to track down a few fine females before the club closes. These gentlemen clearly know how to show a girl (or four) a good time, but have they succeeded in keeping you entertained? If so, be sure and let ‘em know; though a Stereotypes solo project has yet to be announced, some glowing feedback could very well change that.
Written by richard on 04/24/11
First DJ Booth Appearance:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Run The Jewels - Blockbuster Night (Part 1)
- T.I. ft. Skylar Grey - New National Anthem
- Interview With a “White Rapper”: Rittz on Race, Respect & Hip-Hop
- Statik Selektah - What Goes Around
- Wiz Khalifa - Blacc Hollywood
- Kanye West is Right, the Media is the Fucking Worst
- The DJBooth Top Prospects EP (Vol. 1)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.