From mechanics to engineers to musicians, children often dive into the same occupation as their fathers, and the case is definitely true for the Marley family. After Damian released a critically acclaimed album with Nas last year, his brother Stephen is prepping to drop his own effort, Revelation Part 1: The Roots of Life, with new single No Cigarette Smoke (In My Room) leading the way. Self-producing the song and of course giving it a reggae-influenced beat, Stephen sings and lightly wails over the record with vocals that will instantly put your mind in a sedated state (additional chemical assistance is completely optional). Picking up songstress Melanie Fiona, fresh off her superb work on Fool for You, for assistance proves to be a beautiful addition as the two complement each other’s styles perfectly. Marley’s raspy voice balances out Fiona’s always smooth crooning, resulting in a deeply engaging harmony. Cigarette smoke or not, you’ll want to keep an eye out for Revelation Part 1, due to please eardrums worldwide soon.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/10/11
Submit your Rating
Ghetto Youths/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Traffic Jam ft. Damian Marley" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Is Madonna Working on a Secret Rap Album?
- RyattFienix - Ryse of the Fienix
- Jaden Smith - Cool Tape Vol. 2
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (11/17)
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “L.A. vs. Everybody”?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)