From mechanics to engineers to musicians, children often dive into the same occupation as their fathers, and the case is definitely true for the Marley family. After Damian released a critically acclaimed album with Nas last year, his brother Stephen is prepping to drop his own effort, Revelation Part 1: The Roots of Life, with new single No Cigarette Smoke (In My Room) leading the way. Self-producing the song and of course giving it a reggae-influenced beat, Stephen sings and lightly wails over the record with vocals that will instantly put your mind in a sedated state (additional chemical assistance is completely optional). Picking up songstress Melanie Fiona, fresh off her superb work on Fool for You, for assistance proves to be a beautiful addition as the two complement each other’s styles perfectly. Marley’s raspy voice balances out Fiona’s always smooth crooning, resulting in a deeply engaging harmony. Cigarette smoke or not, you’ll want to keep an eye out for Revelation Part 1, due to please eardrums worldwide soon.
Written by Ivan Ibarra on 02/10/11
Submit your Rating
Ghetto Youths/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Traffic Jam" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.