One of Bob Marley’s several sons in the reggae business, Damian ‘Jr. Gong’ Marley is back on the scene with the remix to his brother Stephen’s, Traffic Jam. In an I’m A Flirt fashion, Stephen steps back, but the song remains solid thanks to a new verse from Snoop Dogg as well as production by his alter ego Niggarachi. Damian gives yet another demonstration of the rasta lifestyle, while Snoop explains that his isn’t that much different, from the marijuana to a distrust of police. Such crossover appeal should help make Traffic Jam the latest hit in the Marley family dynasty.
Written by Burmy on 08/8/07
Submit your Rating
Ghetto Youths/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Traffic Jam ft. Damian Marley" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.