One of Bob Marley’s several sons in the reggae business, Damian ‘Jr. Gong’ Marley is back on the scene with the remix to his brother Stephen’s, Traffic Jam. In an I’m A Flirt fashion, Stephen steps back, but the song remains solid thanks to a new verse from Snoop Dogg as well as production by his alter ego Niggarachi. Damian gives yet another demonstration of the rasta lifestyle, while Snoop explains that his isn’t that much different, from the marijuana to a distrust of police. Such crossover appeal should help make Traffic Jam the latest hit in the Marley family dynasty.
Written by Burmy on 08/8/07
Submit your Rating
Ghetto Youths/Universal Republic
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Traffic Jam" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.