I’ll keep it real; when I saw that Australian recording artist Steph Sexton had titled her debut single and first Booth feature Killing Lindsay Lohan, I expected a creepy murder fantasy more likely to earn the artist a restraining order than positive online buzz. To my surprise, the joint is considerably more nuanced—and much less creepy—than its name suggests. Over an eerie Miguel “Rico Law” Jiminez beat, the singer/songwriter steps into the role of a Lohan-esque party girl with a penchant for self-destructive behavior. Addressed to a man she fears will leave her before morning comes, the singer’s plaintive verses emphasize her character’s loneliness and vulnerability. Interest piqued? Then keep it locked; while Sexton has yet to announce details on a larger project, we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Sex Sells Inc./Hoopla Worldwide
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Feel You" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of February 2014
- Pharrell - G I R L
- Rick Ross - Mastermind
- ScHoolboy Q - Oxymoron
- A 15 Song Tour Through Pharrell’s Career
- SchoolBoy Q ft. 2 Chainz - What They Want
- Future ft. Pharrell, Pusha T & Casino - Move That Dope
- Nyzzy Nyce - Nothing Nyce
- Devin Miles - Where the DJs At?
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!