I’ll keep it real; when I saw that Australian recording artist Steph Sexton had titled her debut single and first Booth feature Killing Lindsay Lohan, I expected a creepy murder fantasy more likely to earn the artist a restraining order than positive online buzz. To my surprise, the joint is considerably more nuanced—and much less creepy—than its name suggests. Over an eerie Miguel “Rico Law” Jiminez beat, the singer/songwriter steps into the role of a Lohan-esque party girl with a penchant for self-destructive behavior. Addressed to a man she fears will leave her before morning comes, the singer’s plaintive verses emphasize her character’s loneliness and vulnerability. Interest piqued? Then keep it locked; while Sexton has yet to announce details on a larger project, we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Sex Sells Inc./Hoopla Worldwide
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Feel You" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Smoke Weed Everyday: A 30 Song 4/20 Playlist
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- 25 Most Popular Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of March 2014
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.