I’ll keep it real; when I saw that Australian recording artist Steph Sexton had titled her debut single and first Booth feature Killing Lindsay Lohan, I expected a creepy murder fantasy more likely to earn the artist a restraining order than positive online buzz. To my surprise, the joint is considerably more nuanced—and much less creepy—than its name suggests. Over an eerie Miguel “Rico Law” Jiminez beat, the singer/songwriter steps into the role of a Lohan-esque party girl with a penchant for self-destructive behavior. Addressed to a man she fears will leave her before morning comes, the singer’s plaintive verses emphasize her character’s loneliness and vulnerability. Interest piqued? Then keep it locked; while Sexton has yet to announce details on a larger project, we’ll keep you posted on her plans as further details emerge.
Written by richard on 07/31/13
Submit your Rating
Sex Sells Inc./Hoopla Worldwide
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Feel You" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Adrian Lau - The Departed
- T.I. ft. Young Thug, Lil Wayne & Jeezy - About The Money (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Nikki Jean - Haile Selassie
- Every Logic Song We’ve Ever Featured
- Shady XV: Eminem is Dropping a New Album & I Don’t Care
- Drake - 6 God EP
- S1 Confirms Kanye West Working on New Album, Songs Are “Feel Good” #A3CProAudio
- 5 Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed (10/20)
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.