Back in July, pop songstress Steph Sexton made her DJBooth debut with Killing Lindsay Lohan, a promotional single that backed up its provocative title with a surprising level of emotional depth. The Australian-born, LA-based singer/songwriter latest single, while less morbid in theme, draws from the same well of romantic longing and desperation. Over Louis Gold‘s production, a moody synth arrangement peppered with subtly unsettling vocal samples, the singer pines after an ex whose departure from her life left a seemingly irreparable wound. This mournful, but cathartic jam is just one of many high-quality cuts slated for inclusion on debut EP Hope You Find Your Way, available now online via the artist’s website. Fans can cop the project’s recently-released Chopped & Screwed version for free via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
Sex Sells Inc./Hoopla Worldwide
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Killing Lindsay Lohan" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- 5 More Fresh Songs You Might Have Missed
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (September 2014)
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/26)
- Kings Dead - Don’t Need Much
- Nova Rockafeller ft. Michael Christmas - Problem
- Stalley ft. Rick Ross - Everything A Dope Boy Ever Wanted
- Saigon - GSNT3: The Troubled Times of Brian Carenard
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.