Back in July, pop songstress Steph Sexton made her DJBooth debut with Killing Lindsay Lohan, a promotional single that backed up its provocative title with a surprising level of emotional depth. The Australian-born, LA-based singer/songwriter latest single, while less morbid in theme, draws from the same well of romantic longing and desperation. Over Louis Gold‘s production, a moody synth arrangement peppered with subtly unsettling vocal samples, the singer pines after an ex whose departure from her life left a seemingly irreparable wound. This mournful, but cathartic jam is just one of many high-quality cuts slated for inclusion on debut EP Hope You Find Your Way, available now online via the artist’s website. Fans can cop the project’s recently-released Chopped & Screwed version for free via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Sex Sells Inc./Hoopla Worldwide
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Killing Lindsay Lohan" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.