Back in July, pop songstress Steph Sexton made her DJBooth debut with Killing Lindsay Lohan, a promotional single that backed up its provocative title with a surprising level of emotional depth. The Australian-born, LA-based singer/songwriter latest single, while less morbid in theme, draws from the same well of romantic longing and desperation. Over Louis Gold‘s production, a moody synth arrangement peppered with subtly unsettling vocal samples, the singer pines after an ex whose departure from her life left a seemingly irreparable wound. This mournful, but cathartic jam is just one of many high-quality cuts slated for inclusion on debut EP Hope You Find Your Way, available now online via the artist’s website. Fans can cop the project’s recently-released Chopped & Screwed version for free via Audiomack.
Written by richard on 11/5/13
Submit your Rating
Sex Sells Inc./Hoopla Worldwide
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Killing Lindsay Lohan" (2013)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.