If many of your friends have November birthdays like mine, you’ll have figured out by now that February is indeed a time for romance, love and…well, you get the point. While roses, chalk-flavored hearts and tacky chocolate spark the flame, I think one of the main reasons for all this lovin’ are the baby-making records that singers like Steph Jones always put out around this time of year. Previously leaked but now in final form, on Southern Love Jones throws down a visceral R&B single, which he co-produced with Chris Warrior, which compliments both his talented vocal skills and impressive boardwork; just check out the live instrumentation and gripping soul feel. Many artists were vying for the R&B crown last year, but with intense, but not over-the-top, vocals like this I can only imagine that Jones has his sights reaching the top soon, and is officially on my ‘don’t sleep’ list of 2011. Now go throw on those satin boxers with the hearts all over them (you know you have them) and bump this for the rest of the day (or night). Happy fake holiday from your boys at DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 02/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebrity Chick ft. Chingy, Steph Jones & Small World " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.