If many of your friends have November birthdays like mine, you’ll have figured out by now that February is indeed a time for romance, love and…well, you get the point. While roses, chalk-flavored hearts and tacky chocolate spark the flame, I think one of the main reasons for all this lovin’ are the baby-making records that singers like Steph Jones always put out around this time of year. Previously leaked but now in final form, on Southern Love Jones throws down a visceral R&B single, which he co-produced with Chris Warrior, which compliments both his talented vocal skills and impressive boardwork; just check out the live instrumentation and gripping soul feel. Many artists were vying for the R&B crown last year, but with intense, but not over-the-top, vocals like this I can only imagine that Jones has his sights reaching the top soon, and is officially on my ‘don’t sleep’ list of 2011. Now go throw on those satin boxers with the hearts all over them (you know you have them) and bump this for the rest of the day (or night). Happy fake holiday from your boys at DJBooth.
Written by Sigurd on 02/13/11
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebrity Chick ft. Chingy, Steph Jones & Small World " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.