When I was young, my father sat me down on his lap, looked me in the eye, and said “Richard, if you remember one thing I tell you, let it be this: the artist who rocks the dancefloor rules the world.” OK, OK, I made that up, but that doesn’t make it any less true. Club crowds don’t lie, and when Steph Jones handed a copy of new single Galactic 2 to the DJ at his local spot, the audience response to its inaugural spin was so tremendous that he was inspired to ring up our own DJ Z and tell him all about it. It’s not hard to see why: producers Kadis & Sean deliver an absolute scorcher of a beat, brimming with reverb-drenched percussion and eardrum-massaging electronic accents, while Steph and Teach Me How to Jerk twosome Audio Push seal the deal with a downright entrancing blend of sung vocals and driving flows. Will Galactic make as big an impression in the Booth as it did on the dancefloor? Here’s hoping – a record that gets the thumbs up from both liquored-up clubgoers and our discerning readership is bound to be a monster hit. Fans can hear more from Steph Jones on his new Gravity Lifetape, available now for free download.
Written by richard on 11/29/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebrity Chick ft. Chingy, Steph Jones & Small World " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.