Since Autotune-drenched club cut Galactic 2 hit our front page back in December of ‘09, up-and-coming singer Steph Jones has been a busy man – in addition to playing a major role on Breathing Underwater, an ABC miniseries-based on singer/songwriter Maria Digby’s latest LP (fans can check out clips here and here), the Texan buzzmaker has been hard at work on a brand new EP. Today, Jones is back on our frontpage with lead single B E A utiful, a track which finds him paying soulful sung and rapped tribute to a female who’s radiant inside and out. On the production tip, the artist and co-producer Pascal Guyon keep things moving with sizzling synths and upbeat percussion, along with a catchy central keyboard riff that fans of ‘80s New Wave will recognize as an homage to A-Ha’s Take on Me. To make a long story short, this joint’s pop appeal is through the roof; if you’ve been won over by B E A utiful‘s upbeat vibe, keep it locked for the latest on Imperfect Me, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 07/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebrity Chick ft. Chingy, Steph Jones & Small World " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Kendrick Lamar - i
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (9/19)
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- How to Get Your Music Posted Online: The Email Edition
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.