Since Autotune-drenched club cut Galactic 2 hit our front page back in December of ‘09, up-and-coming singer Steph Jones has been a busy man – in addition to playing a major role on Breathing Underwater, an ABC miniseries-based on singer/songwriter Maria Digby’s latest LP (fans can check out clips here and here), the Texan buzzmaker has been hard at work on a brand new EP. Today, Jones is back on our frontpage with lead single B E A utiful, a track which finds him paying soulful sung and rapped tribute to a female who’s radiant inside and out. On the production tip, the artist and co-producer Pascal Guyon keep things moving with sizzling synths and upbeat percussion, along with a catchy central keyboard riff that fans of ‘80s New Wave will recognize as an homage to A-Ha’s Take on Me. To make a long story short, this joint’s pop appeal is through the roof; if you’ve been won over by B E A utiful‘s upbeat vibe, keep it locked for the latest on Imperfect Me, which has yet to receive a release date.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebrity Chick ft. Chingy, Steph Jones & Small World" (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.