Since Autotune-drenched club cut Galactic 2 hit our front page back in December of ‘09, up-and-coming singer Steph Jones has been a busy man – in addition to playing a major role on Breathing Underwater, an ABC miniseries-based on singer/songwriter Maria Digby’s latest LP (fans can check out clips here and here), the Texan buzzmaker has been hard at work on a brand new EP. Today, Jones is back on our frontpage with lead single B E A utiful, a track which finds him paying soulful sung and rapped tribute to a female who’s radiant inside and out. On the production tip, the artist and co-producer Pascal Guyon keep things moving with sizzling synths and upbeat percussion, along with a catchy central keyboard riff that fans of ‘80s New Wave will recognize as an homage to A-Ha’s Take on Me. To make a long story short, this joint’s pop appeal is through the roof; if you’ve been won over by B E A utiful‘s upbeat vibe, keep it locked for the latest on Imperfect Me, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 07/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebrity Chick ft. Chingy, Steph Jones & Small World " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.