Since Autotune-drenched club cut Galactic 2 hit our front page back in December of ‘09, up-and-coming singer Steph Jones has been a busy man – in addition to playing a major role on Breathing Underwater, an ABC miniseries-based on singer/songwriter Maria Digby’s latest LP (fans can check out clips here and here), the Texan buzzmaker has been hard at work on a brand new EP. Today, Jones is back on our frontpage with lead single B E A utiful, a track which finds him paying soulful sung and rapped tribute to a female who’s radiant inside and out. On the production tip, the artist and co-producer Pascal Guyon keep things moving with sizzling synths and upbeat percussion, along with a catchy central keyboard riff that fans of ‘80s New Wave will recognize as an homage to A-Ha’s Take on Me. To make a long story short, this joint’s pop appeal is through the roof; if you’ve been won over by B E A utiful‘s upbeat vibe, keep it locked for the latest on Imperfect Me, which has yet to receive a release date.
Written by richard on 07/19/10
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Celebrity Chick ft. Chingy, Steph Jones & Small World " (2007)
Total DJ Booth Features:
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.