Considering the position of power they occupy in the West Coast underground pantheon, “Step Brothers” just doesn’t feel like a lofty enough moniker for Evidence and The Alchemist. The title of their latest collaborative feature, “Step Masters,” is more appropriate to their stature—or it would be, if it didn’t make them sound like a pair of exercise machines. In any case, the colleagues showcase mastery of their respective crafts on this cut, single numero uno off their collaborative debut. Over Alc’s grimy sample work, the partners-in-rhyme deliver wry, allusive bars about their paper chase, their smoking habits and their dominance over the competition. In Jason Goldwatch‘s hilarious video, brothers turn to rivals as the duo face off in a variety of challenges, from Jenga to egg-tossing. Fans can pre-order Lord Steppington now in anticipation of its January 21, release via Decon.
Written by richard on 11/19/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Mums in the Garage" (2014)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.