For me, nightmares are nowhere near as upsetting as the really good dreams – you know, the ones where you win the lottery or Beyoncé asks you to Sadie Hawkins, and your first thought upon waking is, “Oh, right, my life is nowhere near that awesome.” On So Close, So Far, the latest single off his forthcoming third album, heavyweight producer Statik Selektah enlists a few Booth favorites to explore a similar (if less frivolous) theme, laying down a smooth, wistfully jazzy beat as UGK alum Bun B reimagines the world as a wonderful place where cancer and AIDS don’t exist, corporations don’t take advantage of the common man, and everyone can keep their jobs and houses. D.C.-Chillin’ emcee Wale brings us back to reality on the back end, encouraging us to be grateful for what we do have, and Colin Munroe rounds out the lineup, contributing his trademark studio-tweaked vocals to the hook. This reflective track, reader-acclaimed cut Come Around and much more can be found on Statik’s 100 Proof: The Hangover LP when it hits stores February 2.
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- DJ Whoo Kid Breaks Down His Essential DJ Set-Up
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.