For me, nightmares are nowhere near as upsetting as the really good dreams – you know, the ones where you win the lottery or Beyoncé asks you to Sadie Hawkins, and your first thought upon waking is, “Oh, right, my life is nowhere near that awesome.” On So Close, So Far, the latest single off his forthcoming third album, heavyweight producer Statik Selektah enlists a few Booth favorites to explore a similar (if less frivolous) theme, laying down a smooth, wistfully jazzy beat as UGK alum Bun B reimagines the world as a wonderful place where cancer and AIDS don’t exist, corporations don’t take advantage of the common man, and everyone can keep their jobs and houses. D.C.-Chillin’ emcee Wale brings us back to reality on the back end, encouraging us to be grateful for what we do have, and Colin Munroe rounds out the lineup, contributing his trademark studio-tweaked vocals to the hook. This reflective track, reader-acclaimed cut Come Around and much more can be found on Statik’s 100 Proof: The Hangover LP when it hits stores February 2.
Written by richard on 01/10/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- After Wiz Khalifa’s “Blacc Hollywood”, What Does a Number One Album Mean?
- Jeezy - Seen It All: The Autobiography
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 3 EP
- Best/Worst of the Week: Andre 3000 All Day, Queen Bey Reigns & More
- Draft Day: What Label Should Your Favorite Rapper Sign To?
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (August 2014)
- “Views from All Day”: Drake, Kanye & The State of Hip-Hop Leaks
- Drake vs. Lil Wayne - The Hits
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)