After listening to Booth-approved singles The Imperial and God Knows, are you still on the fence about whether to cop Statik Selektah‘s next solo LP? If so, uh, that’s pretty f**king odd. Are you sure you’re a hip-hop fan, and not someone who wandered into the Booth by accident? Assuming you are the former rather than the latter, Long Time should help convince you that the set will be worth your time and money. Here, the Bostonian DJ and producer’s skillfully juxtaposed percussion, brass and jazz-piano samples set the stage for an avalanche of eccentric lyricism from rising star Action Bronson. Has Statik won you over with this tuneful jam? Then be sure to grab a copy of What Goes Around when it drops via Showoff Records next Tuesday, August 19.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.