After listening to Booth-approved singles The Imperial and God Knows, are you still on the fence about whether to cop Statik Selektah‘s next solo LP? If so, uh, that’s pretty f**king odd. Are you sure you’re a hip-hop fan, and not someone who wandered into the Booth by accident? Assuming you are the former rather than the latter, Long Time should help convince you that the set will be worth your time and money. Here, the Bostonian DJ and producer’s skillfully juxtaposed percussion, brass and jazz-piano samples set the stage for an avalanche of eccentric lyricism from rising star Action Bronson. Has Statik won you over with this tuneful jam? Then be sure to grab a copy of What Goes Around when it drops via Showoff Records next Tuesday, August 19.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.