After listening to Booth-approved singles The Imperial and God Knows, are you still on the fence about whether to cop Statik Selektah‘s next solo LP? If so, uh, that’s pretty f**king odd. Are you sure you’re a hip-hop fan, and not someone who wandered into the Booth by accident? Assuming you are the former rather than the latter, Long Time should help convince you that the set will be worth your time and money. Here, the Bostonian DJ and producer’s skillfully juxtaposed percussion, brass and jazz-piano samples set the stage for an avalanche of eccentric lyricism from rising star Action Bronson. Has Statik won you over with this tuneful jam? Then be sure to grab a copy of What Goes Around when it drops via Showoff Records next Tuesday, August 19.
Written by richard on 08/15/14
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- Saba, The Native Son #TopProspects
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.