If your video game takes place in South Central, it would be practically blasphemous not to include a few street-certified hip-hop records—of course, I don’t need to tell that to Rockstar, a developer whose soundtracks are widely-regarded as the best in the industry. This newly-released cut, featured on Midnight Club: Los Angeles’ South Central expansion pack, finds Statik Selektah Driving Down the Freeway with two of CA’s hottest talents (and one fellow Bostonian) in tow. The OC’s Kali and Watts’ Glasses Malone pay tribute to the bright lights of L.A. and the thrill of reckless driving over Statik’s chilled-out take on the Left Coast sound, and Booth favorite Termanology proves that, though a Beantown native, he still can rep the City of Angels with the best of them. If Driving Down the Freeway has you itching to commit some virtual moving violations, you’re in luck—the South Central expansion pack drops today, March 12th.
Written by richard on 03/11/09
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Epic Fail: Bobby Shmurda’s Label Cashed In & Then Bailed Out
- Open Mic: Why Rappers Need to Play Small Shows
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Could Kanye’s Rapper Reparations Idea Actually Work?
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.