With all the changes in the industry, sometimes it’s best to just do what Statik Selektah, M.O.P. and Jadakiss hope to get across with their collaborative effort, For The City. Off of his latest effort, Stick 2 Tha Script, the Brooklyn-to-Yonkers tandem link up with the mind behind ShowOff Marketing to bring this street anthem to life. Together they all sound equally venomous, as Selektah pulls double duty as DJ and producer. Truly their own “swagger” isn’t like “us” and they’ve clearly stayed loyal to the code of the streets. With the album set to hit shelves and iTunes on October 21, DJBooth maintains that hip-hop is not dead because artists like these continue to do what many fail to understand is a key to success… sticking to the script.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 2 Chainz ft. Young Thug - Dresser (Lil Boy)
- Jennifer Lopez ft. Iggy Azalea - Booty (Remix)
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Billy Blue - Pu$$y
- Lil Dicky - Lemme Freak
- Yelawolf - Till It’s Gone
- Big K.R.I.T. ft. Juicy J, Rittz & A$AP Ferg - Drinkers Club
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.