With all the changes in the industry, sometimes it’s best to just do what Statik Selektah, M.O.P. and Jadakiss hope to get across with their collaborative effort, For The City. Off of his latest effort, Stick 2 Tha Script, the Brooklyn-to-Yonkers tandem link up with the mind behind ShowOff Marketing to bring this street anthem to life. Together they all sound equally venomous, as Selektah pulls double duty as DJ and producer. Truly their own “swagger” isn’t like “us” and they’ve clearly stayed loyal to the code of the streets. With the album set to hit shelves and iTunes on October 21, DJBooth maintains that hip-hop is not dead because artists like these continue to do what many fail to understand is a key to success… sticking to the script.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/18/08
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Best/Worst Of The Week: DMX Loses His Shit (In a Good Way), Droog Still Isn’t Nas
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Cam’ron - 1st of the Month Vol. 2
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (July 2014)
- DJBooth City Cypher #1 (ft. Emilio Rojas, Maffew Ragazino, Black Dave, HD & Kirk Knight)
- It’s Electric: An EDM Guide For the Hip-Hop Head
- Russ, The Wild Card #TopProspects
- Even More Porn Stars in Music Videos (NSFW)
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.