With all the changes in the industry, sometimes it’s best to just do what Statik Selektah, M.O.P. and Jadakiss hope to get across with their collaborative effort, For The City. Off of his latest effort, Stick 2 Tha Script, the Brooklyn-to-Yonkers tandem link up with the mind behind ShowOff Marketing to bring this street anthem to life. Together they all sound equally venomous, as Selektah pulls double duty as DJ and producer. Truly their own “swagger” isn’t like “us” and they’ve clearly stayed loyal to the code of the streets. With the album set to hit shelves and iTunes on October 21, DJBooth maintains that hip-hop is not dead because artists like these continue to do what many fail to understand is a key to success… sticking to the script.
Written by Kevin L. Clark on 09/18/08
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- Rap Lines That Make No Fucking Sense: The Comeback
- 1 Listen Album Review: Lupe Fiasco’s “Tetsuo & Youth” (Lupe Back)
- Inside the Conspiracy Theory World of Childish Gambino’s Music Videos
- KIDD - Whipped Cream
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.