Sometimes a track will be so boring that I’ll be forced talk about other topics in the intro, this is not one of those times. In fact, Come Around provides so much material to work with I could spend a couple pages breaking it down. Produced by the always smooth Boston-based producer Statik Selaktah (spell it right suckas), Come Around is minimally soulful, consisting of a soft vocal sample, echoing snare, scratches and not much else. Vocally the track features some of the game’s best and brightest, starting with Brooklyn legend Talib Kweli, who’s been releasing a ton of material lately, and then moving onto Statik’s fellow Bostonian Termanology, who drops yet another smoothly paced flow. Rounding out the roster is Royce da 5’9”, who’s apparently in a particularly irreverent mood, dropping punchline after memorable punchline. With a line-up like that, there’s really not much more I need to say. Come Around is the first single off Statik’s new album 100 Proof: The Hangover, set to hit stores and bars on February 2.
Written by Nathan S. on 01/5/10
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Once Lost, a Lil Wayne Fan Finds His Faith in “Carter V”
- Rick Ross ft. Project Pat - Elvis Presley Blvd.
- Big Sean - Untitled EP
- Chris Brown ft. Trey Songz - Songs on 12 Play
- Dyme-A-Duzin - Hip Hope
- Max Wonders - Questions
- “I’m Real”: Five Questions With Raury
- Mick Jenkins - DJBooth RapBox Freestyle
- Kendrick Sued Over “Rigamortis”, Should He Pay Up? (A Sample Clearance Guide)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.