Hold up! This feature is restricted to listeners 21 & Over so, before you hit “play,” please hold a form of photo ID up to your webcam. Got it? OK, now step back a few paces so I can see your face. All right, everything seems to be in order—go on ahead. The follow-up to last month’s Bird’s Eye View, single number two off Statik Selektah‘s next solo set sees the Boston beatsmith expanding on a line from The Lox’ classic Wild Out (Styles P.‘s verse, to be specific). Over the headliner’s ingenious sample work, featuring a subtly driving rhythm section garnished with addictive brass and bell loops, Brooklyn street vet Sean Price trades Parental Advisory-worthy verses with Pittsburgh indie phenom Mac Miller. For this age-restricted banger and many more fresh cuts, check out Statik’s deceptively-named Extended Play LP when it drops June 18, via Duck Down records.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Statik Selektah’s Guy Blelloch-directed 21 & Over visual.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Billion Dollars in an Elevator: The Definitive 2014 Hip-Hop Timeline
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.