Hold up! This feature is restricted to listeners 21 & Over so, before you hit “play,” please hold a form of photo ID up to your webcam. Got it? OK, now step back a few paces so I can see your face. All right, everything seems to be in order—go on ahead. The follow-up to last month’s Bird’s Eye View, single number two off Statik Selektah‘s next solo set sees the Boston beatsmith expanding on a line from The Lox’ classic Wild Out (Styles P.‘s verse, to be specific). Over the headliner’s ingenious sample work, featuring a subtly driving rhythm section garnished with addictive brass and bell loops, Brooklyn street vet Sean Price trades Parental Advisory-worthy verses with Pittsburgh indie phenom Mac Miller. For this age-restricted banger and many more fresh cuts, check out Statik’s deceptively-named Extended Play LP when it drops June 18, via Duck Down records.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Statik Selektah’s Guy Blelloch-directed 21 & Over visual.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.