Hold up! This feature is restricted to listeners 21 & Over so, before you hit “play,” please hold a form of photo ID up to your webcam. Got it? OK, now step back a few paces so I can see your face. All right, everything seems to be in order—go on ahead. The follow-up to last month’s Bird’s Eye View, single number two off Statik Selektah‘s next solo set sees the Boston beatsmith expanding on a line from The Lox’ classic Wild Out (Styles P.‘s verse, to be specific). Over the headliner’s ingenious sample work, featuring a subtly driving rhythm section garnished with addictive brass and bell loops, Brooklyn street vet Sean Price trades Parental Advisory-worthy verses with Pittsburgh indie phenom Mac Miller. For this age-restricted banger and many more fresh cuts, check out Statik’s deceptively-named Extended Play LP when it drops June 18, via Duck Down records.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Statik Selektah’s Guy Blelloch-directed 21 & Over visual.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Ever tried going to a highly anticipated movie the night it opens, only to find out it is sold out? Undoubtedly you will see another movie and who knows, you might even like that movie better than the main attraction. Welcome...
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Common - Nobody’s Smiling
- Real Recognize Real: Wrekonize on Pink Floyd, the Rise of TDE & More
- Kanye Thinks Drake is #1 Right Now - Is He Right? (Rap Power Rankings)
- The Weeknd - King of the Fall
- Bobby Shmurda is the New Worst Thing to Happen to Shmusic
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
- Mick Jenkins, The Conscience #TopProspects
- Jeremih x Shlohmo - No More EP
- Real Recognize Real: GoldLink on Loving Lil Bibby, Shaq & Robots
- DJ Blaze - Blazing Cuts (June 2014)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.