Hold up! This feature is restricted to listeners 21 & Over so, before you hit “play,” please hold a form of photo ID up to your webcam. Got it? OK, now step back a few paces so I can see your face. All right, everything seems to be in order—go on ahead. The follow-up to last month’s Bird’s Eye View, single number two off Statik Selektah‘s next solo set sees the Boston beatsmith expanding on a line from The Lox’ classic Wild Out (Styles P.‘s verse, to be specific). Over the headliner’s ingenious sample work, featuring a subtly driving rhythm section garnished with addictive brass and bell loops, Brooklyn street vet Sean Price trades Parental Advisory-worthy verses with Pittsburgh indie phenom Mac Miller. For this age-restricted banger and many more fresh cuts, check out Statik’s deceptively-named Extended Play LP when it drops June 18, via Duck Down records.
Update: Click “Watch Video” above or scroll down (for mobile) to view Statik Selektah’s Guy Blelloch-directed 21 & Over visual.
Written by richard on 06/6/13
Submit your Rating
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"The Rap Life ft. Statik Selektah" (2008)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.