Lost in all the glitz and glamour of the music industry is that artists need to pay bills too. Just like a mom or dad (sometimes parents themselves), the responsibility of making sure the lights and water stay running is vital. While tycoons like Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates uses hundred dollar bills to blow their nose, rapper Stat Quo is a veteran without an album release who is well beyond his label advance. Trying to get paid like everyone else, Stat discusses these legitimate issues in the song We Broker, off the inevitable Statlanta; never before has the expression ‘real recognize real’ been more fitting.
Written by DJ Z on 10/2/07
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.