Lost in all the glitz and glamour of the music industry is that artists need to pay bills too. Just like a mom or dad (sometimes parents themselves), the responsibility of making sure the lights and water stay running is vital. While tycoons like Oprah Winfrey and Bill Gates uses hundred dollar bills to blow their nose, rapper Stat Quo is a veteran without an album release who is well beyond his label advance. Trying to get paid like everyone else, Stat discusses these legitimate issues in the song We Broker, off the inevitable Statlanta; never before has the expression ‘real recognize real’ been more fitting.
Written by DJ Z on 10/2/07
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- Lorenzo Asher, The Director #TopProspects
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.