When we last heard from Stat Quo, he had just finished writing a two-part letter to the allegorically-named Summer about his history with Shady/Aftermath, recounting how his sweet-sounding deal quickly turned sour and explaining why he has requested a release from his recording contract. With no new word on the long-delayed Statlanta, the ATLien has decided to release a mixtape to feed the streets, entitled The South Got Somethin’ To Say. On one of its inclusions, The Sun, Stat subtly makes his biggest announcement since signing his deal: release negotiations were successful, and he is officially a free agent. Assisting Stat with his revelation are Sparry Park Productions, whose production employs some classic sampling work. So, is The Sun setting or rising on Stat’s career?
Written by Burmy on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- 1 Listen Album Review: Nicki Minaj’s (Kinda Boring) “The Pinkprint”
- Mike WiLL Made-It - Ransom
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.