When we last heard from Stat Quo, he had just finished writing a two-part letter to the allegorically-named Summer about his history with Shady/Aftermath, recounting how his sweet-sounding deal quickly turned sour and explaining why he has requested a release from his recording contract. With no new word on the long-delayed Statlanta, the ATLien has decided to release a mixtape to feed the streets, entitled The South Got Somethin’ To Say. On one of its inclusions, The Sun, Stat subtly makes his biggest announcement since signing his deal: release negotiations were successful, and he is officially a free agent. Assisting Stat with his revelation are Sparry Park Productions, whose production employs some classic sampling work. So, is The Sun setting or rising on Stat’s career?
Listen to More: Stat Quo Written by Burmy
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
Member Reviews and Ratings
- Logic ft. Big Sean - Alright
- Top Remixes of the Month [April 2014]
- Asher Roth - Retrohash
- Iggy Azalea - The New Classic
- Joyner Lucas - Don’t Ask for Nothin
- Top Hip Hop / R&B Music Songs Chart (April 21, 2014)
- Behind The Boards Interview Series: Statik Selektah
- Future - Honest LP
- Win an Exclusive Vinyl Version of De La Soul’s “Smell The Da.I.S.Y.” [CONTEST]
- The Best Hip Hop Songs & Albums of 2013!
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.