When we last heard from Stat Quo, he had just finished writing a two-part letter to the allegorically-named Summer about his history with Shady/Aftermath, recounting how his sweet-sounding deal quickly turned sour and explaining why he has requested a release from his recording contract. With no new word on the long-delayed Statlanta, the ATLien has decided to release a mixtape to feed the streets, entitled The South Got Somethin’ To Say. On one of its inclusions, The Sun, Stat subtly makes his biggest announcement since signing his deal: release negotiations were successful, and he is officially a free agent. Assisting Stat with his revelation are Sparry Park Productions, whose production employs some classic sampling work. So, is The Sun setting or rising on Stat’s career?
Written by Burmy on 10/20/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DeJ Loaf - Sell Sole
- Heat Check: How Do You Feel About Drake’s “How About Now”
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (10/17)
- Freddie Gibbs x Madlib ft. Action Bronson, Joey BadA$$ & Ransom - Knicks (Remix)
- All 79 Things Chance the Rapper Hates on “No Better Blues”
- Lupe Fiasco ft. Sirah - Lilies
- ShayGray - No Sense of Accomplishment
- F*ck Norms: Why the Critics Are Wrong About Yung Lean
- All 72 of Drakes Billboard Top 100 Songs
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.