Any kid can get an Xbox One or a pony for their birthday, but few get an original album from their father—which is why Stat Quo‘s son is one lucky lad. On February 15, his son’s b-day, the former Shady signee will drop his new album, ATLA. On the latest single off the upcoming set, entitled That’s Life Part I, Stat describes what it’s like to be a veteran emcee in a sharp, gritty flow. This is more than a “cars and clothes” cut, though. Atop Bink!‘s triumphant, vibrant boardwork, the artist spits about how his career affects his family and his son. Fans can look forward to plenty more new music (including, hopefully, a “Part II” to this joint) when ATLA drops next month. While you wait, why not check out Stat’s last Booth feature, September’s Michael?
Written by Lucas G. on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.