Any kid can get an Xbox One or a pony for their birthday, but few get an original album from their father—which is why Stat Quo‘s son is one lucky lad. On February 15, his son’s b-day, the former Shady signee will drop his new album, ATLA. On the latest single off the upcoming set, entitled That’s Life Part I, Stat describes what it’s like to be a veteran emcee in a sharp, gritty flow. This is more than a “cars and clothes” cut, though. Atop Bink!‘s triumphant, vibrant boardwork, the artist spits about how his career affects his family and his son. Fans can look forward to plenty more new music (including, hopefully, a “Part II” to this joint) when ATLA drops next month. While you wait, why not check out Stat’s last Booth feature, September’s Michael?
Written by Lucas G. on 01/7/14
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.