Apparently, a mixtape a month isn’t good enough for the unbelievably prolific Stat Quo—less than two weeks after the April 8th release of Invisible Man, the ATL rapper’s already back with a brand new street album. As evidenced by this newly-released cut, though, Stat’s breakneck pace doesn’t mean he’s sacrificing quality for quantity. Addressing a potential Mrs. Quo who’s got him rethinking his stance on commitment, the emcee makes one simple request: don’t Push Me Away. Despite the title, Stat doesn’t seem too worried; in fact, it sounds like things couldn’t be going better—the rapper’s carefree rhymes, filled with playful innuendo, blend with Kevin Rachwel‘s radiant, string-driven beat to make Push Me Away as blissfully relaxing as a musical bubblebath. Smokin’ Mirrors, Stat’s first release under his Gracie/EMI distribution deal, dropped today; as for the long-awaited Statlanta, the LP’s coming, and I quote, “...sooner than you think!!!”
Written by richard on 04/21/09
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- 1 Listen Album Review: Big Sean’s “Dark Sky Paradise”
- Every Rapper is Going to Die & So Will I
- Rap Quiz: Bet You Can’t Guess The Album Cover Pt. 6
- An Anti-Elitist Guide to Respecting Gucci Mane
- Breaking Down the Sordid Details of the Lil Wayne vs. Cash Money Lawsuit
- Oh My God, If Drake Dies Is He A Legend?
- Fine, You Got Me: Your Favorite Rapper’s First Tweet
- 1 Listen Album Review: Drake’s “If You’re Reading This It’s Too Late”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.