Apparently, a mixtape a month isn’t good enough for the unbelievably prolific Stat Quo—less than two weeks after the April 8th release of Invisible Man, the ATL rapper’s already back with a brand new street album. As evidenced by this newly-released cut, though, Stat’s breakneck pace doesn’t mean he’s sacrificing quality for quantity. Addressing a potential Mrs. Quo who’s got him rethinking his stance on commitment, the emcee makes one simple request: don’t Push Me Away. Despite the title, Stat doesn’t seem too worried; in fact, it sounds like things couldn’t be going better—the rapper’s carefree rhymes, filled with playful innuendo, blend with Kevin Rachwel‘s radiant, string-driven beat to make Push Me Away as blissfully relaxing as a musical bubblebath. Smokin’ Mirrors, Stat’s first release under his Gracie/EMI distribution deal, dropped today; as for the long-awaited Statlanta, the LP’s coming, and I quote, “...sooner than you think!!!”
Written by richard on 04/21/09
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Reggie Bonds - Stream of Consciousness Pt. 1
- Eminem Vs. DJ Whoo Kid - Shady Classics
- Kid Cudi Thinks Hip-Hop Is Endangered - He’s Wrong
- Tayyib Ali - Keystone State of Mind III
- 10 Must Have Hip-Hop Downloads of the Week (11/21)
- What Rappers Would You Pick for “New York vs. Everybody”?
- Estonian Trap Rapper Tommy Cash is Going to Take Over the Internet
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.