Rapper Stat Quo sat down with me for a radio interview back in April of 2005. During our conversation he excitedly talked about his debut album, Statlanta, which he expected to see hit store shelves later that year. Following our interview Stat embarked on the summer-long Anger Management Tour with Eminem and 50 Cent and was riding high. Unfortunately, that is where this feel good story ends. Following the conclusion of the tour, Stat and Shady Records would spend the next three years delaying the release of the highly-anticipated album. Fast forward to today and Stat has decided that it’s “Now Or Never,” on the DJ Noodles produced Now Or Never Mixtape (which can be found online).
Written by DJ Z on 02/13/08
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.