When someone says the name “Michael,” I think of my best friend whom I have known since preschool. For many of you, the name Michael is usually followed by one of three surnames: Jordan, Tyson, or Jackson. And it just so happens that Shady Records alum Stat Quo’s latest feature is about all three. Atop the track’s unwavering, effervescent production, Stat shares the biographies of all three famous Mikes in a high-pitched, yet blunted flow. Even Tone Mason‘s music runs with the theme; it is riddled with samples relating to the aforementioned sport and music icons. Michael is a bonus cut off the veteran’s forthcoming album, All This Life Allows, due out later this year.
Update: We have added the Iroc Daniels-directed visuals for Stat’s Michael single.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- DJBooth Announces Our New Top Prospects…
- Indie Savage: Crooked I Gets Physical With “Sex, Money & Hip-Hop”
- The Hip-Hop Albums I Need to Hear in 2015
- 4 Fresh Songs (& An Album) You Might Have Missed (12/15)
- Meet Fanesha Fabre, the Voice Behind the “La Musica De Harry Fraud” Drop
- All 93 People Named on J. Cole’s “Note To Self” Outro
- 1 Listen Album Review: J. Cole’s “2014 Forest Hills Drive” (aka F*cking Up Hip-Hop)
- The Most Sampled Rapper Voices in Hip-Hop History
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
- The DJBooth - Top Prospects EP (Vol. 2)
- The Best Hip-Hop & R&B Songs of 2014 (Ongoing)
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.