When someone says the name “Michael,” I think of my best friend whom I have known since preschool. For many of you, the name Michael is usually followed by one of three surnames: Jordan, Tyson, or Jackson. And it just so happens that Shady Records alum Stat Quo’s latest feature is about all three. Atop the track’s unwavering, effervescent production, Stat shares the biographies of all three famous Mikes in a high-pitched, yet blunted flow. Even Tone Mason‘s music runs with the theme; it is riddled with samples relating to the aforementioned sport and music icons. Michael is a bonus cut off the veteran’s forthcoming album, All This Life Allows, due out later this year.
Update: We have added the Iroc Daniels-directed visuals for Stat’s Michael single.
Written by Lucas G. on 10/8/13
Submit your Rating
Big Dream Ventures
First DJ Booth Appearance:
"Billion Bucks" (2006)
You Might Like...
Commentsblog comments powered by Disqus
- Fast Food Music: How Our Hunger for More is Killing Hip-Hop
- Rihanna & Kanye’s “FourFiveSeconds” is a Blue Collar Anthem
- What If Drake Didn’t Sign To Young Money?
- Digging Up Your Favorite Rapper’s Hidden Internet Gems
- The Liberation of Lupe Fiasco on “Tetsuo & Youth”
- No Money, No Family: Iggy Azalea’s Insane Coming to America Story
- A Very Serious Lyrical Analysis of Lil Wayne’s “Sorry 4 The Wait 2”
- 2014 Best of the Booth Award Winners (The Complete List)
- Who Was the Worst Rapper of 2014?
- Your Favorite Indie Rapper is Secretly Signed to a Major Label
Discover the best new songs, videos, and albums added to the Booth.